Sunday, September 30, 2007

Quincy's Big Weekend








So, Friday night I was amazed as I watched Quincy cruising up and down the length of the couch. She had come soo far in the previous two weeks. I mean, two weeks ago she just started to stand up...but only if she had something to pull herself up with. And then, around the same time, she learned to walk...but only as long as she was holding on to two things (one in each of her little hands). But by last Friday night she was walking assisted by only holding on to the couch with ONE hand. Then Saturday rolled in.....

Saturday morning I brought out a toy that we got from our neighbors, Andy and Jenny. It is a cart-type thing with wheels that a child can push around and place things in. Just to see if she would play with it, I brought it out. She LOVED it! She immediately pulled herself up and started tearing around the house...even steering around corners and our kitchen island. Well, the love for that toy was short lived.





Sunday morning we woke up and gave her the same toy. She wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with it. The reason? Because she began walking ON HER OWN! OMG! I sooo wasn't expecting this for another month or so! It was a perfect day for her to do this...great for photo ops! Anyway, I called a zillion people to tell them the news. Every single one said our life has just changed in a BIG way. My brother-in-law, Dan, stated it the best when he said that we have just moved from College Ball to the Pros....

Oh! the picture with Otis the dog isn't related to the story of Quincy's Big Weekend...I just liked it so I stuck it in....